Thank you for making 2019 one of the most impact-filled years yet. Wishing you health and happiness in the new decade!
We have so much to look forward to in 2020: new programs, new partnerships, and new innovations for the Newport County community. Thank you for being along for the ride!
Join the Rotary Club of Middletown & friends in supporting the MLK Community Center with a delicious Texas BBQ buffet! All funds raised will benefit the MLK Community Center’s hunger relief programs. The event will be held on Wednesday, February 12, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at The Atlantic Resort at Wyndham Newport. Tickets are $25 each.Facebook Event with more info. To purchase tickets, contact Gianna at the Center: (401) 846-4828 x121 or email.
In December, the MLK Community Center cut the ribbon and officially launched our new Mobile Food Pantry, made possible by the generosity of underwriting donors Nancy and Doug Horsey. The new state-of-the-art vehicle has refrigeration for perishables like meat, milk, and eggs, more storage for pantry items, and on-site data collection, and will allow us to serve more people in our community. READ MORE
SAVE THE DATE: Our 24th annual Swing into Spring‘ party with a purpose’ will be held on Friday, April 24th at the Atlantic Resort at Wyndham Newport Hotel in Middletown, RI from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. This year, Swing into Spring is getting a bit of a face lift – you won’t want to miss all of the surprises we have in store for you! MORE
- Weds, Jan. 29: MLK Friends Dinner, 5 pm (Free community dinner; please RSVP with Melanie)
- Sat. Feb. 1 – Feb. 29: Ton of Love Food Drive
- Fri. Feb. 7 – Fri. April 10: AARP: Free Tax Preparation Services (Detailed information here)
- Tues, Feb. 11: Lunch & Learn: Newport Restoration Foundation (Free; please RSVP with Melanie)
- Weds, Feb. 12: Education Dinner, 5 pm (Free community dinner for families in our education program; please RSVP with Melanie)
- Weds, Feb 12: Rotary BBQ Dinner (Fundraiser to benefit the MLK. Contact us to purchase your tickets!)
- Sun, Feb. 22: Newport Beach Polo & food drive to benefit the MLK
- Tues, Feb. 25: Lunch & Learn: Arthritis & Musculoskeletal Health (Free; please RSVP with Melanie)
We’re offering a new fitness class! Join us for FREE Community Zumba class every Friday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Facebook Event
Sign up for our text message alerts with the RI Broadcasters Association so you can stay notified of all cancellations & alerts. Detailed sign-up information here. For education alerts (Pre-school & afterschool), find us on the RI Broadcasters website under Preschools as Martin Luther King Comm. Ctr. For community programming alerts (hunger services, classes, etc.), find us on the RI Broadcasters website under Businesses as MLK Community Center.
It’s that time of year again: time for the ,,Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce‘s Ton of Love Food Drive to benefit the MLK Community Center! Throughout the month of February, donate funds, nonperishable food, and/or personal items at businesses around Newport (list of businesses to be posted in the Facebook event).
Tuesdays 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Thursdays 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Please pre-register with Kristin: (401) 368-7614
Thursdays 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Fridays 10:00 am-11:00 am
All classes are free & suitable for all skill levels. All are welcome & no pre-registration required, unless otherwise stated.